Friday 30 December 2011

The Best of 2011 and beyond

It's been some time since I last posted anything and for the three people that read this blog, I apologize. There really hasn't been a lot to write about in the past two weeks. Combine that with the holidays and you have a recipe for apathy. However, I promise that there will be more posts as soon as 2012 gets going. And Lord willin', there'll be more topics to cover.

Of course, this is the time of the year that all of the major music publications and websites have their "best-of" lists. Yes, they tend to get played out, and I know that I've only had a few posts and haven't reviewed anything yet, but I figured that an end of the year "best of" list is in order. After all, this is my favourite thing to write about it. I love doing these lists because they tend to spark great debate and discussion amongst music lovers.  First, I'll post my top 25 songs of the year, then my top 10 albums. I'll also have a post discussing Rolling Stone magazine's top albums of the year, which is always worth a laugh or two.

I especially enjoy reviewing my picks with Bernie Trotsky, since he and I share very similar AND very different tastes. Trotsky is a friend of mine that takes his music quite seriously. Once in a while on Drums and Wires I'll have him chime in and give you his opinion on things. For his inaugural post, he will give you his Top 30 Songs of 2011. It will hopefully be the first of many posts for Mr. Trotsky.

Well, enjoy the posts and the rest of your holidays. If you like a post, please share it on facebook, twitter and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment